Wangaratta Saleyards, Wangaratta VIC
KOMBI Elevated Platform Systems
The Wangaratta Saleyards are the second largest in Victoria’s north east and host 65 sales annually with a throughput of about 50,000 cattle. The redevelopment project included new roofing, soft flooring, lighting, stormwater draining and a new auctioneer’s walkway.
Works had to be carried out with minimal disruption and to allow business to be conducted as usual. Uneven ground levels meant that systems would have be adjusted to suit on site. Components also needed the ability to allow streamline integration to the current existing steelworks.
The installation was carried out over three stages, with each stage fully completed before commencement of the next began, to ensure the least disturbance to operations.
KOMBI’s Modular Platform concept allowed individual components to be assembled as stand alone platforms. No hot works permits were required, which may have affected project progress, as the KOMBI Systems could be configured, installed and adjusted on-site without the need for welding.
4 Reasons To Choose KOMBI®
1. KOMBI® Design Standards & Codes
- KOMBI Stair and Platform Systems are designed in accordance with Australian and New Zealand Standards AS 1657 and AS/NZS 1170 under live load conditions.
- For more complex designs, further in-house engineering testing can be conducted to ensure compliance.
2. KOMBI® Proprietary System
- KOMBI is an Australian made, engineered and configured system manufactured by an Australian owned company.
- All KOMBI Systems are produced in ISO 9001:2015 accredited facilities.
3. KOMBI® Modular Flexibility
- Endless design possibilities to provide fit for purpose, compliant systems.
- Lightweight components which are easy to assemble and handle.
- Installation requires no on-site hot works or specialist tools or trades.
4. KOMBI® Builda Configurator
- A cloud based 3D design tool built specifically to configure KOMBI systems.
- Includes KOMBI proprietary design parameters.
- KOMBI Builda provides 3D model and front, top and side views and complete list of components required to build the system.
Do you have an upcoming project we can assist you with?
Contact the team on 1300 072 651 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help with the design of your system.