Victorian Comprehensive Cancer Centre (VCCC) - Melbourne VIC
Signal & Hobbs
The VCCC comprises of an alliance of a variety of specialist cancer hospitals and research centres. The building has a network of connecting link bridges which marries old and new construction.
The roof top heating, ventilation and air conditioning plants (HVAC) required an access system that could be frequently used to perform regular maintenance.
With lifts to the roof being the only means of access, systems had to be modular and easily transportable. Additionally, the confined space where they were to be located, required designs that worked to specific measurements.
KOMBI Platforms could also be adjusted as required to accommodate for different fan heights and limited space.
Advice, assistance and support was provided by the SAYFA technical team throughout the project, with the installation of the first section done in collaboration with our installer, Signal & Hobbs.
KOMBI Stair and Platform's lightweight aluminium components enabled our installers to easily maneouvre and assemble them into place with no requirement for lifting equipment or machinery that is often associated with traditional heavy steel fabricated systems.
Delays can occur if there are any variances in pre-measurements to actual site measurements, especially when using steel access stairs and platforms. This can even result in a complete system re-design and new fabrication. However with KOMBI's modular design no on-site welding is required and minor modifications were done using the KOMBI T-Bolt, offering huge cost and time saving benefits for the client.
Why Wouldn't You Choose KOMBI® Stairs and Platforms?
- Manufactured in Australia by an Australian owned ISO9001 Accredited company.
- Compliant to AS1657 and AS/NZS1170 Australian Standards.
- Lightweight, easy to handle aluminium components.
- No requirement for specialist trades or tools using the patented KOMBI T-Bolt.
- KOMBI Builda online configuration program provides detailed 3D drawings.
- Modular systems can be easily transported from site to site.
- Standard configurations kept in stock for fast delivery.
Read more about KOMBI solutions for HVAC applications.
Contact the team on 1300 072 651 or email@example.com and we can assist you with your next project.