For Design Assistance
- 1029 Mountain Highway,
Boronia VIC 3155
View in google maps
- 1300 072 651
- REQUEST A QUOTE
Flinders Street Station, Melbourne VIC
Australian Height Safety Services
KOMBI Stair and Platform Systems
Flinders Street Station, constructed in the early 1900’s, is an iconic presence in Melbourne. The refurbishment of this heritage listed building in 2018 included painting the exterior, rejuvenation of platforms and subways, and also incorporated upgrades of height access within the clock tower.
Installation through and within confined areas and roof cavities necessitated a modular, adaptable system that could be fitted around the many obstacles. As a portion of the work was to be carried out via abseil rope lines, lightweight components that could be constructed without the need for welding or specialist tools were required.
KOMBI flat packed Platform Systems could be fed through small access hatches and assembled inside the roof space.
The fully adjustable, spanning capability of KOMBI Platforms was crucial to span between roof trusses as there were limited structural supports within the roof. KOMBI’s ability to be adjusted “on the fly” was vital to ensure the ease of install and to provide a perfect fit.
4 Reasons To Choose KOMBI®
1. KOMBI® Design Standards & Codes
- KOMBI Stair and Platform Systems are designed in accordance with Australian and New Zealand Standards AS 1657 and AS/NZS 1170 under live load conditions.
- For more complex designs, further in-house engineering testing can be conducted to ensure compliance.
2. KOMBI® Proprietary System
- KOMBI is an Australian made, engineered and configured system manufactured by an Australian owned company.
- All KOMBI Systems are produced in ISO 9001:2015 accredited facilities.
3. KOMBI® Modular Flexibility
- Endless design possibilities to provide fit for purpose, compliant systems.
- Lightweight components which are easy to assemble and handle.
- Installation requires no on-site hot works or specialist tools or trades.
4. KOMBI® Builda Configurator
- A cloud based 3D design tool built specifically to configure KOMBI systems.
- Includes KOMBI proprietary design parameters.
- KOMBI Builda provides 3D model and front, top and side views and complete list of components required to build the system.
Do you have an upcoming project we can assist you with?
Contact the team on 1300 072 651 or email@example.com and we can help with the design of your system.